Sunday, September 25, 2011

Keep It Safe


DVR paused on this prerecorded destiny
An ocean away
thats where you'll stay
a safe distance apart
never thought we'd depart

I'd rather touch you than write to you
if i could touch you would these words even be written?
Is it just this carnal knowledge that makes the scene so grim?
so what's my role now?
who's the director and where is my cue?
How am I supposed to continue when you left me without a clue

I know the pain makes it easy to forget
but the pleasure can be so much more than what you remember

Dont listen to me only listen to him
Just breath and dive in, like I teach you to swim

But my prince is gone
and fairytales only live in our imagination, my imagination
how i feel i can't say, no i wont say again til its safe
what you'll do with those words is not clear so I keep it prayer
asking again where is your faith?
must you see to believe?
you don't want to believe so is this a self fulfilling prophesy?

I'd rather spend a 1000 fractured nights sleep with you than 1 restful night without you
its true but you know what, its cool i'm giving up my hope too
Sorry Lord we'll have to find another man cause this one, well "he's just not that into You"




No comments: